I mentioned in an earlier post that one of my biggest fears in trying to be successful with Google Adsense is getting banned. I can't imagine putting month's and month's of work to build good content websites only to be banned for something beyond my control. I have only ever clicked on one of my own ads, and it was only because I was attempting to copy the ad URL and to block it from showing on one of my sites. I remember wondering if just that simple mistake would do me in!
I have been researching how people get banned over at http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=362372 and the consensus seems to be that either you are lying and have truly been cheating Google, or you were the victim of "invalid clicks."
I can't imagine why anyone would receive "invalid clicks" but I don't want to take any chances. Several of the guys at digitalpoint.com recommended a product called Adlogger. This software claims it helps with click tracking and click fraud prevention.
I am going to try out this product and will post my experience in using it. I am thinking that something like this could help in the event I am ever a victim of click fraud - at least I am monitoring my own sites and can notify Google if I ever see something fishy.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment