I mentioned in my first post that I already have one website for my current business and recently added Google Adsense to my site pages. I really had no idea if I could derive any income from a website that specializes in Septic Installations and Repairs -- I mean let's face it, there isn't an incredible amount of traffic for this set of keywords -- and especially when I have to use geo targeting.
Anyway, I set up Adsense and monitored my site for the last two weeks. I had my website designer put the ads where they would fit in the best with my current design -she chose the easiest route which was to put the ads at the bottom of the pages! Obviously this is not going to generate much of a response, but I was surprised to see that I actually did get a few clicks and two of those clicks were worth .93 cents each!
Now, I know that this is nothing to get overly excited about, but think of the possibilities if you had a website or Blog with valuable content that could be shown worldwide! By the way, I do plan on reorganizing my website to put some text links at the top of the page.
I wondered if I could add Adsense to this Blog, or if I would have to go through Google's Adsense approval again. I was a little concerned that Google would reject my Blog for some reason but was surprised to find that I only had to sign in at www.blogger.com and add the adsense link -- that was it -- the system was able to read the content of my site and immediately threw up ads related to Blogging and Adsense. Pretty cool stuff and VERY easy to do.
One of the things I wonder about is how to know where my Adsense traffic is coming from? What if I setup 10 websites and place Adsense on each site? How will I know which site is the most popular? I actually found this answer by studying Google's feature called "Channels." You can read this in my next post.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment