Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Channels

I have been wondering about how I can track which websites are actually producing profits. Since I only have three websites this shouldn't be that difficult and I feel confident that Google has addressed this question somewhere -- it seems that Google has a feature called "Channels." Here's how it works:

  1. Logged into my Adsense account here
  2. Click on Adsense Setup
  3. Click on Channels just below Adsense Setup
  4. Click on the URL Channels link
  5. Click on Add New URL channels
  6. Enter in the websites you want to track that contain your Adsense ads. You don't have to enter in the http:// or www -- just enter in your site like example.com and that's it.

I wasn't sure if Google would automatically activate these links so I checked each box and clicked "Activate Checked" just in case.

I waited about 15 minutes and logged back in to find that it already showed the number of Page Impressions for each individual website, so I guess Channels is the answer.

This is actually pretty exciting stuff as I can see which sites are generating the most interest and work now on trying the various ad formats -- I have read that doing very simple things like adjusting ad color, blending ads, using text links etc all have a huge impact on the results. I will post my findings in another article.

No comments: